Monday, September 13, 2010
Opening up
If you are like me and have blocked your emotions and don't like talking about your feelings with other people then you would know how difficult it is to just change doing that. My friends would rather me tell them what is going on, even if it means an argument just so that they are aware of how i feel and so they know how to talk to me or if they can even help. I would much rather not talk about the situation and let the matters at hand fall on the ground where they are meant to go. My friends, as much as they try, can not do anything about it. They love how i give them advice and that i am a good listener for them but im not sure how i can open myself up to them after shutting them out for so long. I need to figure out a way to be able to open up, but not completely. Just enough so they feel happy with whatever i have to tell them to make them drop the subject. I would like suggestions.. so let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I, as you very well know, struggle with this on a daily basis as well. I'm finding the easiest way for me to start letting little bits of information out is to write it down in a blog like you are doing right now. Then of course, you can share the link to the friends you would like to see it. If they don't have internet access then try sitting down with them and (prior to the meeting) rehearse what it is you want to reveal and explain once again to them how hard it is for you to do. If they are your true friends they will respect you for the hardships you are going through and also the time YOU need to take in telling. If they get upset, they are not really friends. As far as giving advice to others, if you get stuck and don't know what to say to them have them message me. I'll be more than happy to help where I can. Of course I don't have all of the answers either but sometimes an outside party who isn't involved in the situation can help more than someone who's there. I've learned that from experience. Good luck hun and keep up with your writing. It will help, I promise
ReplyDeleteThank you for the advice(:
ReplyDeleteI can never take my own lol.I can help everyone else but not myself most of the time. I need advice too,i just can't rely on myself for the information lol. You always know what to say, i love that about you. Thank you for your help, as always i am thankful to have you in my life.
lol that's one of the mysteries of life! I can't seem to take my own advice either. I end up learning the hard way, of course then I have more stories to tell as in "don't do what I did" haha
ReplyDelete